I’m
not a materialistic person, so I’m not attached to objects even if they do
remind me of my various trips. Furthermore, I don’t, because of family history,
have something I could call a family heirloom as such… But, I do have a
particular attachment to my necklace.
It
is made up of three pendants:
The
first one on the left is a medallion showing Saint Anne. It reminds me of a
period of my life. It was a difficult period but I was happy nonetheless. So, a
mix of emotions.
The
second one in the middle is a triangle with, in its centre, a Celtic symbol.
The triangle is a symbol of my beliefs, and I wear a Celtic symbol because I’m
fond of Cernunnos, the Celtic God (I bought it in Ireland and it was supposed
to be made of silver but actually it is not, so I got "ripped off” but I
don’t mind).
The
last, but not the least important, on the right, is a spiral. You can see this
spiral drawn in most prehistoric caves but, for me, it just represents life,
like the spiral of life.
It isn’t a heritage object as such, but it’s a
necklace that I wear every day, even when I sleep, so it means a lot to me. I
won’t give it to one of my children but I will buy a necklace with a triangle
for each of them as my parents did for my brothers, my sister and me. So, it
won’t become a heritage object, but a family custom!



No comments:
Post a Comment